January 22, 2021
With our holiday decorations packed away and our new years’ intentions freshly inked, we find ourselves in the middle of January in a blink of an eye. We’re starting to look ahead for the new year and what’s coming up? Valentine’s Day is less than 1 month away now! We absolutely love the trend of celebrating your girlfriends with “Galentine’s Day.”
Celebrated one day before Valentine’s Day, Galentine’s Day is a day to celebrate your non-romantic relationships and friendships with your girlfriends. Love it!
At T.E.D, we’ve been thinking of some creative ways you can celebrate your friends. Here’s what we came up with!
- Keeping it socially distant? Organize a Galentine’s Day Zoom dinner party with your friends. As the organizer, assign everyone a “dinner fairy.” As the dinner fairy, you are in charge of what your assigned friend eats for dinner. Door Dash Thai Food, Sushi, Pizza, or whatever the person would like and surprise them! Eat together on the Zoom and have a dinner party! You are treating a friend to dinner while getting dinner and all being together.
- Send Snail Mail. Depending on where you are sending mail in the country, your correspondence can take anywhere from 1-5 days. Plan accordingly. Grab some cards (we’re partial to The Paper Source’s collection of Galentine’s Day & Valentine’s Day Greeting Cards!) Take the time to write a nice message about your friendship and how much you appreciate your friend.
- Treat your friend to a small gift! A small gift that brings a smile to your friend’s face is a great way to show appreciation. There is always chocolate or flowers (no shortage of either in the month of February) or consider some of our favorite items at T.E.D. below.
Pom-pom cardholder keychain pouch – We love this fun, colorful and useful key chain pouch. Perfect for storing your credit cards, ID’s, and a bit of cash along with your keys. It’s priced right at just $12.00. It’s the perfect little something for your Galentine.
Gratitude Journal -- Perfect for your introspective, gratitude practicing friend. This hardcover journal has 365 papers and is full of details like a pink ribbon page marker, pink gingham interior covers, and gold foil imprinting. A tip? Write a short message in the front of the journal letting your friend know why you are grateful for her!
Pen & Notepad Set - A little something for your friend, we love this gift set of the pen & pad that reads, “Throw Kindness Around Like Confetti.” At under $20, this gift set will let her know that you’re thinking of her
What ideas do you have to celebrate your gal-pals this year? Friendships are so important as women. We hope you find small and meaningful ways to celebrate those people who support you all year-long. Share your ideas with us here, on Facebook, on Instagram or shoot us an email. Happy Galentine’s Day!
December 04, 2020
Gift Guide for Teachers, Besties and Mom
Hi y’all! We are on a blogging roll here at Taylor Elliott Designs! In case you missed my last two posts, be sure to check them out. I shared some of my favorite unusual gifts (for the one that has everything!) and gifts for toddler boys. Today I am sharing gifts for teacher, for your bestie, and gifts for mom. You will notice that these are actually all my designs and products. At first, I felt funny about sharing gift ideas that were just mine but I asked myself – would I give these to my children’s teacher, my best friend, or my mother? The answer is yes! These are some of my favorites and I hope that they will get you into the spirit of giving.
1. Gift for Teacher. Best Teacher Ever Notepad. This simple message, “best teacher ever” makes a big impact in any teacher’s life. It helps them stay organized while they are reminded that they are loved and appreciated. We’ve added a small touch to make it feel even more special with the gold foil. At just $11, we think this is the perfect gift for a teacher this holiday season
2. Gift for Teacher. Best Teacher Ever / Teachers Like You Journal Set. These notebooks have gold foil imprinting for an extra special touch and contain 50 lined pages for all of your teachers thoughts and notes. They are shrink wrapped together and perfect for gifting. Just add a festive bow! The messages are, “best teacher ever” and, “the world needs more teachers like you.” And at just $14, this is an easy one to show your teacher appreciation!
3. Gift for your bestie. Pom Pom Pouch. We’re convinced that you can’t have enough pouches. Why not have pouches inside your pouches? Store just about anything in this one. It’s perfect for your bestie who has everything already and whom you want to treat to a little something special.
4. Gift for your bestie. Confetti Picture Frame. Grab your favorite photo of the two of you, a wild night out or a comfy pj’s night in, and this is the perfect gift for your bestie. Nearly sold out, be sure to snag yours before they’re gone!
5. Gift for mom. Prayer List Pad. Give your momma something that will mean a lot to her and something that is thoughtful. This pad allows you to jot down your prayers easily and also write down your answered prayers. It’s just as important! The perforated lines allow you to tear off and the pad comes with stickers so you can stick the lists to just about anything!
6. Gift for mom. Gingham Notecard Set. This cute notecard set is a small gift for mom that she’ll really appreciate. Fun, whimsical, and sweet – we love writing snail mail and we know that Mom will, too! The notecard set comes with 10 cards and 10 envelopes in a clear box package. These notecards are just so much better than a text!